WHERE | Online (Zoom). Please register for the event.
WHEN | 28.März.2022 02:00 PM in Amsterdam, Berlin, Rom, Stockholm, Wien
On 28 March 2022, the Media Freedom Rapid Response (MFRR) will publish the report of its online fact-finding mission to Greece that took place in December.
Under the title ‘Controlling the Message: Challenges for independent reporting in Greece’, the report reflects the mission’s findings and recommendations on:
- The assassination of Giorgos Karaivaz;
- Polarisation of a fragmented media landscape;
- Reporting on migration;
- Reporting on protests; and,
- Legal threats.
The report will be launched with an online panel on 28 March at 2pm CEST (=3pm EEST) with:
- Laurens Hueting, Senior Advocacy Officer of the European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF)
- Iliana Papangeli, Managing Director of Solomon
- Renate Schroeder, Director of the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
- Nikos Smyrnaios, Associate Professor at the University of Toulouse
- Anne ter Rele, Advocacy Officer at the International Press Institute
The report will be made available on mfrr.eu and the websites of the MFRR partner organisations at the time of the launch event.
The fact-finding mission to Greece was coordinated by the Media Freedom Rapid Response (MFRR), which tracks, monitors and responds to violations of press and media freedom in EU Member States and Candidate Countries. This project provides legal and practical support, public advocacy and information to protect journalists and media workers. The MFRR is organised by a consortium led by the European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF) including ARTICLE 19, the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ), Free Press Unlimited (FPU), the Institute for Applied Informatics at the University of Leipzig (InfAI), International Press Institute (IPI) and CCI/Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso Transeuropa (OBCT). The project is co-funded by the European Commission
LINK | https://www.ecpmf.eu/report-launch-controlling-the-message-challenges-for-independent-reporting-in-greece/