The Molyvos International Music Festival, which takes place every summer in Lesbos, in an attempt to inform and spread a solidarity message, comes to Berlin on the 4rth of April, at Radialsystem V, Berlin, Germany, aiming to create a fruitful and thought-provoking dialogue with the international music audience abroad and raise awareness about the importance of practically supporting the island of Lesbos.
By deciding to visit this alluring and historically filled island this summer, people can contribute to a beautiful, authentic movement against fear and self-centredness and in favour of openness, empathy and unity.
The Molyvos international Music Festival, being at the centre of the upheaval, honours and gives hope and strength both to the people of Syria and to the locals, the islanders of Lesbos. These people are forgotten heroes who sacrifice their daily existence in order to help people in need. They set an example for all of us and remind us what it means to be human.
Programme of event:
• Live concert by Danae & Kiveli Doerken who will perform Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring, piano four hands
• First screening in Germany of the music documentary “Metamorphoses” filmed by Vangelis Efthymiou. The documentary captures in a vivid and poetic way what took place during the preparation period and the days of the Festival. “Metamorphoses” was chosen to be shown at the 18th Thessaloniki Documentary Festival (11-20 March 2016) To watch the trailer please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-otlja0hBQc
• Presentation of the island of Lesbos by Nikos Bakalbasis, President of the Cultural Committee of the Molyvos Tourism Association
• First official Presentation abroad of next year’s Programme and Musicians
• Open discussion of the founders, organisers of MIMF, and pianist Lars Vogt with the audience.
On the island of Lesbos, amidst the severe financial crisis that Greece is facing and the humanitarian crisis that is threatening the unity of Europe, a visionary team of music lovers driven by the idea that music can broaden horizons and unite people from all over the world, has created the Molyvos International Music Festival (MIMF) which within its first year of existence, has strongly impacted the local community and international visitors.
Wann: Montag, 4. April, um 19:00
Wo: Radialsystem V, Holzmarktstraße 33, 10243 Berlin